With over 400 active clubs at the Trilogy communities – including book, bocce, astronomy, photography, cycling, hiking, knitting, painting, drama, dancing, tennis, poker clubs, and more – it’s easy to connect with Trilogy members that share your interests. From time to time we like to feature some of the awesomely active clubs at the Trilogy communities. This month we’re shining the spotlight on a group of members who have a passion for performance and a love of all things entertaining. Get to know the Trilogy Orlando Entertainment & Arts Club (they may be your future neighbors!) through the following interview with the club’s president and founder, Ed Meyer.
Ed, thank you for taking the time to share the story of the Trilogy Orlando Entertainment & Arts Club! What inspired you to start this club at your community?
I founded the Arts & Entertainment Club in November of 2014. Prior to moving to Trilogy Orlando, I was President of the Performers Club in another 55-plus community. I love the arts, so was excited to start this club at my new community. My background includes over 43 years working with NBC TV in New York and Disney Entertainment in Florida. It means a great deal to me to connect with Trilogy members who share my passion to entertain, with a goal of bringing joy to others.
What is the mission of the Trilogy Entertainment & Arts Club?
The mission of this well-rounded club is to focus on diverse events that will entertain our members and guests. Our club is made up of members who love to work on entertainment events for our community, with a board of directors to discuss projects to produce.
Club events include:
- Community dances
- Unique culinary events
- Stage productions
- Music performances
- Comedy shows
- Hosting special headline performers
- Video displays
- And more!
How often do the members of this club gather together? What does a typical gathering involve?
Our board of directors and members meet once each month. At the meetings, we discuss current events that are in the planning process, as well as future events that we hope to host. We talk about all of the details that are involved with producing an event, including advertising, props, technical requirements, and rehearsal time. We map out our event calendar for the coming months, and we encourage anyone who is interested to produce an event that the community might enjoy.
What kinds of events and productions can your members look forward to throughout 2015?
We look forward to producing these awesomely entertaining events for Trilogy Orlando members in 2015:
- “Save the Piano Concert.” This will be a special musical evening featuring Trilogy member participation. All proceeds from the event will go to the purchase of a Yamaha baby grand player piano for Magnolia House, the Trilogy Orlando community Clubhouse.
- “Love Never Dies.” This Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical begins where Phantom of the Opera left off.
- “An Evening with Buddy Hackett, Live and Uncensored.” An adult comedy show projected on the big screen, the evening of humor may also include live performances by Trilogy Orlando members doing their best stand-up routines.
- “A Broadway Spectacular.” This event will feature the very best of Broadway, as Trilogy members perform songs from the stage and screen.
- “The Ultimate Event.” This screening of the performance by three legendary performers will be absolutely sensational. Trilogy members will also perform holiday song selections during this event.
Additional professional entertainment is also being considered during 2015. If you have any ideas for the club, leave them in the comments below!
How can new members join or find out more about your club?
We always welcome new members in the Entertainment & Arts Club! The Entertainment & Arts club not only needs talent to perform in our productions, but we also need creative people who are willing and excited to work on the behind-the-scenes details for each production. Anyone who has an interest in being involved in any capacity is invited to join us in producing quality entertainment for our community. There’s no need to sign up; simply show up at our next meeting.
Is there anything else that you’d like to share about the Trilogy Entertainment & Arts Club?
As president of the club, I encourage our neighbors to join us in celebrating the arts, enjoying top-notch entertainment, and having fun right here in our Trilogy community.
Do you have a passion for the arts? Leave a comment below of what performances you’d love to see (or be a part of) at Trilogy Orlando.